Monday, February 20, 2012

The best meal of the day

I'd have to say that breakfast or brunch would have to be my favorite meal of the day. Maybe that's why I'm usually in a good mood -- starting the day off with comfort food. This was a breakfast-filled holiday weekend. Enjoy:

 
 Saturday, February 18th: 9 am breakfast with Mrs. Robinson ♥

Still Saturday but now it's early afternoon -- brunch with Scott Babe! ♥

Have you ever heard of Ebelskivers?! Well, now you have! We got a delightful box of goodies from Marie as a wedding gift. She shouldn't have! Scott & I were so touched. My first attempt, which I think was quite successful, was with probably the most complicated Ebelskiver recipe out there! I peeled and cored two apples for the first time. I've had Scott do this chore in the past, but I knew I could broaden my horizons. And I made my own caramel sauce. (messy, messy, messy! I don't recommend trying that yourself!) The recipe said to add a scoop of vanilla so that was enough justification in my book to have even more calories! hehe.

Presidents Day at Raymond's - Eggs Benedict and Breakfast Burrito

We love Raymond's and would eat there almost every day if we could! I'm going to share a little something with you -- Do you see the little piece of paper straw wrapper in Scott's hand? Well...by the time we are done eating, he will have transformed that into the tiniest ball you have ever seen. LOL.

1 comment:

  1. It's my favorite meal too...mostly because it always involves coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete