Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Star-struck

 Joe & Melissa making their entrance

 Melissa & Scott babe


 Melissa's rock

Melissa & Joe with a fan

*Note to reader, especially to my dear friend Geraldine - 
Apologizes in advance for talking fur. I'm a reality TV junkie. That's all this is.

When I learned that Melissa & Joe Gorga from The Real Housewives of New Jersey were going to make an appearance in nearby Millburn, I thought, I must go to this! But there was a problem -- it was at a furrier. When I emailed Scott Babe the info, he wrote me back: Really?  It sounds like something to avoid.  I’m not buying a fur.


I let a few days pass and said, this will be fun! He agreed but there was a condition. Scott said, I'm not buying you a fur and you aren't buying yourself a fur.


We got there and I was pleased to see that it wasn't crowded. They did not promote it enough! My gain; their loss! There was pink champagne with a slice of strawberry in each glass and lots of hors d'oeuvres including sushi & sliders catered by The Brownstone. Too bad I was too overwhelmed with excitement to eat a bite of anything!

We got to talk to Melissa & Joe and I was so nervous! Joe kissed my cheek and was about to faint! When he asked us where we live, I become tongue-tied. Scott was quick to answer. Melissa said, "We had eaten at Tosca in Montclair not too long ago." I got less nervous maybe because the topic was food and said, "Salute is better! You must try them next time." :-)

When we left the event to try Cara Mia for dinner, Scott had a sad face. He said, Shouldn't we have said good-bye to Melissa & Joe?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you didn't buy a fur! Looks like you had fun <3 love the new blog!

    ReplyDelete