Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Early spring

Lauren turned 30 on Sunday and celebrated again this evening at the champagne bar, Flute. Reader, I'm going to let you in on a secret -- it's 2 for the price of 1 on Tuesdays and, for NYC, this is a deal you cannot pass up!

Matt had surprised Lauren with Pippa Middleton's Modalu bag on her birthday and I was excited to see it in person.

Here are a couple of fun Pippa links for those of you who are into Pippa or into bags! :-)
Pippa's style obsession
Pippa looking red hot

After a couple of glasses of Prosecco, I headed home. The evening was just GORGEOUS -- our thermometer outside our kitchen window read 66 degrees! Scott and I had a delicious dinner at Salutè and sat outside. Hello Spring!

Salute was packed when we arrived; I snapped this pic when we were leaving.

One of the appetizer specials was the Tuna Tartare. I surprised Scott in ordering it. "You know that's raw, right?", he said. Yup! As long as there is no seaweed, I'm good to go! It was delicious. (And so was the chocolate dessert!)

These "Tower of Fire Glass Tube Patio Heaters" were awesome to look at. They are also at Salutè's sister restaurant, Fin, up the street. Scott Babe told me the science behind them but after the Prosecco earlier this evening and then a little bit of red wine, all I can remember now is that the blue flame is hotter than the red.

1 comment: