Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 2 in Sweden: full day in Uppsala

Gamla Uppsala was so special that I gave it its own posting. Here's what else I was up to before and after those fascinating hills on Monday.

 Breakfast at Café Linné Konstantina: fruit topped danish with cappuccino

The new train station is to the right of the old one. 
I got myself prepared for going into Stockholm during the next three days by funding my SJ Regional commuter train card.

Big companies located in Uppsala were listed next to a map at the train station. Scott Babe's company, GE Healthcare is among them.  Scott says the picture to the right is of their ÄKTA avant.

Uppsala City Theatre on Kungsgatan

My favorite store was Trolltyg. Although the only photo I took was of these wacky ant dishes!
 Fodor's.com  wrote: Trolltyg has an exclusive selection of the sort of clean-line clothes and household furnishings for which Scandinavian design is known. The shop is wonderfully laid out and is a joy to explore, especially the fabrics section.

I liked that the pool & sauna was on the same floor as our room. :-)

Stora Torget (Main Square)

O'Connor's in Stora Torget.
 Scott Babe has been here many times. My pint of Guinness hit the spot.

We had dinner at Jay Fu's.This was on my "to eat" list. And it was especially on the list when Kyril wrote me: You will love this place, I guarantee it 110%.  “Fusion” cuisine that you would love taking pictures of.  Quality is excellent.
 Scott's colleague & friend, John, holding the door for me. I don't realize it yet but this will be our best dinner out during our stay.


Everything about Jay Fu was cool -- from the menu to even the restroom.

"The bread basket" was cornbread and sugar snap peas

Scott Babe is happy! He's got his pear cider and a yummy appetizer: 
Kobe Style Roll-- maki roll with wagyu beef, yuzu, mayo, onions and black pepper

Scott's colleagues: Adam, Brian, Greg, Dan and John

a table full of deliciousness!

Executive Chef, Jasper, poses with us!
I hope he didn't notice that neither I nor Scott finished our broccoli!

Before the chocolate sauce was poured over our "Monkey Business" (Banana brownie, dark and light chocolate mousse, marinated banana, vanilla ice cream and warm chocolate sauce). 

 After

Leftover chocolate sauce does not go to waste!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful!Beautiful shots..as always.
    *that dessert looks deadly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are adorable! I am in love with the ant dishes <3

    ReplyDelete