Wednesday, July 25, 2012

You draw?


I've known Pearlie for 21 years. She and I met at County College of Morris in an English class and we have stayed friends ever since. It was challenging, to say the least, because she was in Jersey for one year and then went back to the Philippines. It didn't help that she wasn't into letter writing! Anyway, she has been in West Orange for the past 10 years.

This past February, Pearlie became inspired to pick up a pencil and start to draw her favorite Japanese animation characters. She has never been creative, so this was earth shattering! Tonight, at Raymond's, she shared with me her 2 sketch books. In her first book, labeled "#101," she showed me how she was intimidated to draw hands on the characters and simply omitted them! As you page further along in her sketch book, one notices her improvements including the inclusion of hands!

This was also a birthday dinner for Pearlie (July 24) and cousin Caroline (July 18)
 
 Caroline and me

Isn't Pearlie good? :-)

Next stop...Gelato Giuliana  (also on Church Street)

 
Top left: La Giuliana, Stracciatella and American kiss -- which had small pieces of candy bars in it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi all - I know the comment section doesn't always work -- sorry. :-( Here's Mrs. Robinson's comment:
    #1 - I love her name!
    # 2- She is a fantastic artist
    # 3 - I love the bottom gelato shot - ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this wonderful birthday dinner :) and you my dear friend have always been such a good writer!! I love you <3

    ReplyDelete