Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My little doll baby


Nearly 16 years ago, I was driving to work (Ron Galella) in slushy, icy conditions on route 80.
I was struck by an 18-wheeler on my drivers side. My car spun around a few times.
I ended up suffering from post-traumatic stress.
It was Christmas time, my ex didn't like to see me sad. He surprised me with a kitten.She was the runt of the litter from the Dover pound and came with fleas. I loved her at first sight.
~
Today, Scott and I had to say good-bye to "the Pooch," "wild animal," "my little doll baby," "my little golden girl."
Please enjoy some of my favorite photos:




2005: Tanning


2006: Pooch with beloved Molly (also known as Show Kitty)


2007

October 27, 2008 - We just got home from a trip to SF and Hawaii. Pooch never liked us to go away. She would be attached to me like a magnet in bed. 

2010: Scott Babe proof-reading a paper I wrote for my Medieval Art History class. It's because of this class that I met Chrissy, also known as Mrs. Robinson. She has taken sweet care of the Pooch for us in the past and one time left us the following adorable pen drawing:




Last night.

3 comments:

  1. Tricia, I'm so sorry for your loss. The "last night" photo brought tears to my eyes. I love the ones of Pooch sunning and in the winter window. I know you'll miss her terribly. She'll be part of your family always <3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh I will miss her <3 what a wonderful petit kitty. She had such a great life, and perfect parents. What a great posting, I love the photos. She's so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Tricia! I'm so sorry. Your last picture there is choking me up! She was so lucky to have you and Scott and you guys were lucky to have her. This page is a lovely tribute to that. I'm thinking of you today and hoping you are feeling strong. Love, Sam.

    ReplyDelete