Tuesday, September 18, 2012

St. Lucia excursion

It was on my first club med experience to Turks & Caicos that I made life-long friends, Cyndy & Jon, from San Francisco. At the time, they we were newlyweds—they celebrate their 10 year wedding anniversary on October 2nd! I am blessed to have them in my life. Cyndy opened my eyes to living each day to it's fullest. She inspires me to enjoy life as much as possible. I may not be able to keep up with her, but I do try!

For my 40th celebration in Martinique, Cyndy & Jon surprised me with this excursion. So generous, so thoughtful, and so much fun!
Our trip started at the Club Med pier (A) and then we sailed to Castries, St. Lucia (B) for some duty free and markets. Next stop was lunch in Marigot Bay (C) and then swimming in Rodney Bay (D)

Just leaving Club Med

Dolphins!

Scott babe knows how to relax!

Getting St. Lucia info from JJ. Pictured after Scott is my new Bulgarian girlfriend, Sophia, who has lived in Frankfurt since the early 90's. To her right is Roberta who is Italian and married to the captain of the catamaran. (The captain didn't sail with us.)

Our first stop ahead: Castries

Open-air markets and cafes.

Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Castries



We then walked to the duty free shops but went to the upstairs cafe, Robby's, first to cool down. Reader, the streets were hot hot hot. My back was covered with sweat. Sorry for the TMI!

We asked for an iced water and 2 cocktails. Like Martinique, St. Lucia isn't into ice in their cocktails either! 

We kept our eye on our catamaran from the cafe.

Next Stop: Marigot Bay:
Celeb homes somewhere in this bay including Mick Jagger, Sophia Loren, and George Foreman.

We took an inflatable boat from the catamaran to our lunch spot. It had a motor, but I felt nervous!

Sophia pointed out that this sign was just for us!

The view from our lunch table.

The food was good. I just made the mistake of choosing the spiciest salad dressing. :-/

Back on the catamaran and headed to Rodney Bay:
I tried this rum concoction!

Scott Babe resting, again!

The weather was not cooperating when we reached Rodney Bay. :-(

The water wasn't clear because of the rain. We swam anyway and made the best of it.


Sailing back to Club Med:
Fresh fruit prepared for us by JJ and Frankie


Frankie, part of the crew, dancing; Club Med photographer

Scott Babe loves this shot he got of the sails.





Club Med Les Boucaniers

The Club Med photographer snapped this one.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Great shots. That cat has the cutest mast!

    ReplyDelete