Sunday, September 16, 2012

What a beach! Club Med Les Boucaniers -- Sept. 15-25

I chose Club Med Buccaneer's Creek in Martinique to celebrate my 40th because I knew I wanted to get away. This was our first time on the island, but not our first time traveling to a Club Med resort. This one was very different from Club Med Cancun, Turks & Caicos and the Bahamas. I would only recommend this one if you speak French! English was not the strong suit among the GOs (Gentils Organisateurs) and local employees. We had too many lost-in-translation moments. We especially enjoyed GOs Elodie, Matt, Francky and Muss. Because Scott & I like this all-inclusive French franchise so much, I think it would behoove us to take some French classes! I would like to know more than, "rosé s'il vous plaît" when answering which wine do I want with my meal.


Where was Club Med's signature white and regular chocolate bread every day? I asked around and got the answer: "Tuesday." But Tuesday was the day we were to leave for our St. Lucia excursion at 7:25 am. Would we miss it? "UGH" I thought. Thankfully, the restaurant was open early for us and I saw the chocolate bread! It was warm to the touch. I was in heaven. I knew I probably wouldn't see this again so I took 3 slices. Looking back, I should have had 4. LOL. Sadly, there was never any white chocolate bread. Beggars can't be choosers.


But don't get me wrong, reader. I was there for the beach and to relax. I made the best of the many hiccups. (Including me and Scott Babe fighting colds!)

Also, I should note, there were no other Americans. You saw in my previous posting how long our layover in San Juan was! It's a pain to get to from the U.S. Scott even said, "Never again!" This wasn't the case in the 1980's. I just learned that my colleague went to Club Med Martinique when she was in her 20's.  She met MANY Americans and even ended up dating a guy from Connecticut. Today, there seem to be only direct flights from Montreal and Paris.


The Beach:







The Pool:

I took these pool pics when the pool just opened, at 9 am.

Our Room:

We were in the Joie de vivre (Joy of living) building, on the 2nd floor

We especially loved our room. No bugs or mosquitoes and the AC worked like a charm!


Our balcony with ocean view!

I always take the room pictures right when we arrive BUT not this time. It was after 11 pm when we got to the resort and I was wiped out!

*More Martinique postings to come.

4 comments:

  1. That pool looks amazing! So disappointing about the chocolate bread. But so glad you still enjoyed yourself. Water looks like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS photos Tricia <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment from Mrs. Robinson:

    OMG - everything about this!
    The title, awesome. Chocolate bread?? I need that right now. Your photos are amazing; what a paradise. Best birthday getaway??


    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible dude!!! What a way to celebrate your 40th!!

    ReplyDelete