Sunday, December 30, 2012

All I want for Christmas is...

I was PUNKED. I was DUPED. I was TRICKED on Christmas! Whichever way you want to say it, here's my silly story:

We picked Secret Santa names on Oct. 27th, Tarissa's birthday.

I only had ONE thing on my list this year -- My girlfriend Cyndy recommended the game Catch Phrase to me last month. When Cyndy recommends something to me, I take note!

On November 14th, I sent an email to everyone saying:

If anyone has my name, I would love to have this for Christmas!!!
Catch Phrase! game
+ the 2 AAA batteries that aren't included! LOL

On Dec. 11th, my cousin Christi emails me:
I need a wish list for your secret santa please.

I responded,
I sent it already! Catch Phrase!

We exchanged our Secret Santa gifts at Uncle Frankie's house on Christmas Day. I had a few presents from "Santa" by my feet. I first opened wine glasses + a bottle of Zinfandel.  Nice BUT this wasn't Catch Phrase. I was acting like I was 6 years old again! Next present, a practical 4 x 6 picture frame. "Santa" knows I'm a shutterbug, but still no Catch Phrase!

I unwrapped the final gift from my Secret Santa.

Pet Petter???
 This is NOT what I wanted!!! I'm disappointed. I had a sad face on. WHAT IS THIS???
Our kittens don't have fleas! I said out loud!

I sat for a couple of minutes in disappointment.
Unbeknownst to me, my brother David shot this picture of our cousin Robbie, as I was opening my gifts. (I learned later that he was my Secret Santa and master duper!)

I opened that box and was truly surprised that my Catch Phrase game was inside. ♥


Batteries not included but that's ok! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Pet petter oh my godddddddd hahahahhahahhaha you poor thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Well done, cousin Robbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia was freaking out, she's sugar coating it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The batteries not included pic is Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got what you deserved! hehe

    I meant to tell you, that incredible schedule for your Thanksgiving dinner.......OMG!!!! Respect.

    ReplyDelete