Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Birthday Week

I started my week by the meeting Melissa Gorga in the lobby of my office. Even though I have met her before, I was very nervous. If I was calm, I would have asked her if there was enough fan for her during her Invision/AP photo shoot. If you watch RHNJ, you'll remember her cover-photo shoot for her new book, "Love Italian Style: The Secrets of My Hot and Happy Marriage", in which she kept asking for more fan. Very funny!
Wednesday, the 18th, 3:18 pm 
#OMG

I organized drinks the day before my actual birthday.  A beer hall made it very easy to accommodate a large group. It also gave me an excuse to buy an Oktoberfest dirndl. I was honored to have 25 of my dear friends celebrate with me. 

My girlfriend Lisa braided my hair and then took pics of me on the terrace at work. 

My girlfriend Elisa said, "YOU NEED LIPSTICK!"

Lisa also took pics of me on 33rd street!

On my way to the party, my girlfriend Steph texted me. :-)

Reichenbach Hall on 37th Street near 5th Avenue

with Lisa and Eva ♥

video
Eva & Stefan's video of Lindsay, Michael, me and Scott Babe doing a "shot-ski" of Jameson!

With Jeff and Chrissy

My actual birthday - Friday, September 20th:
Lunch at my favorite place! 
"It's my birthday, I'm ordering a chocolate egg cream" I said to my girlfriend Luly. ♥

My family birthday dinner at the Villa Richard in Riegelsville, Pennsylvania:



The owner, Richard, has been in business 50 years this year. Although the restaurant's heyday is over, the restaurant still gives me that warm and cozy feeling it did when I was little, dining on special occasions with my parents and brother. David and I had our entrees memorized at every sitting, "Beef maison medium rare"

Our table is ready but first, a stiff cocktail at the bar.

I sat at the end of the bar with this pretty view of the stained glass and classic, hip wallpaper.

A toast with Richard
(My Jameson + Ginger was 2 parts Ginger Ale and 6 parts Jameson!)

Uncle Frankie, Renee, David, Mommy, Daddy's hand and part of Scott's arm!

No menus at the Villa Richard; Richard tells you the evening's offerings  when you are seated at the bar for a pre-dinner cocktail or when you are seated at the table.

Richard telling us the appetizers for the evening.
  


Richard going over the entrees.

My family

7 comments:

  1. Love that pic of you in Jeff's lap. Twas a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Tricia. Happy Birthday!!! Where is that restaurant? It looks great and I want that stained glass in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Looks like a fantastic birthday! Wish I could have been there to help you celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday! Got really hungry listening to the menu!
    Barbara M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danise (and Stanford)September 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM

    What a wonderful group of pictures, Trish. Thanks for sharing your good times with all of us! It's my birthday so we are clearly the ladies of the moment. Happiest of days to you and I am so glad you did it up so grandly. Always...Danise and Stanford

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danise (and Stanford)September 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM

    Wonderful, Trish. It's my birthday today so I felt like I was there too! Always a joy to hear from you and share your good times. L'chaim to you always. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pleasure to watch these pictures! Thank you, and lots of love to you and the family. Mik

    ReplyDelete