Sunday, January 25, 2015

Oct. 15-16 Last but not least - San Francisco

This SF posting concludes our road trip! :( It was great fun to work on these pages and relive our trip. I hope to visit all of these places again one day.


We left San Jose and Scott Babe drove us 1 hour north to the Columbus Inn in San Francisco for our last night in California. This hotel was chosen because of it's location and our budget! It worked out well. :)

This is not my first time to San Francisco; This is my 5th time -- and every time, we visit Cyndy and Jon.♥ The above photo is the four of us from January 2005, when Scott Babe and I had been dating for about 4 months. The Black Horse is the smallest pub in SF.


(Final: Giants 6, Cardinals 4)

View from our room: Saints Peter and Paul Church and Transamerica Pyramid

 Transamerica Pyramid again, as we walk to dinner to one of the restaurants on the Embarcadero.



Our dinner reservation was at Coqueta with our dear friends Cyndy and Jon. Coqueta is located on the pier and serves incredibly tasty tapas.

We got to the restaurant a bit early and had a couple of refreshers before being seated for dinner.

We got the best table in the restaurant -- corner table by the water.

View behind me

We had the earliest reservation. This restaurant filled up quickly. As you will see below, we dined as if it was our last meal on earth.♥


video
This has got to be my favorite drink ever or one of my favorites ever! Video above and photo below.
Barça Gintonic - Bloom London Dry Gin, Fever Tree Tonic, Grapefruit



















Cyndy and me

Next and last stop: Leopold's

 Me, Cyndy, Jon and Scott Babe

There is ALWAYS room in my stomach for apfelstrudel♥

We flew back home the next day.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment