Sunday, June 26, 2016

Club Med Punta Cana May 11-18

I became curious about Club Med Punta Cana after receiving promotional emails about their family resort with a new adult-only section added, called Zen Oasis, along with the new Cirque playground.

This was our tenth Club Med vacation together. We love this French company even though we don't speak French! (We really should take an intro course.) The all-inclusive arrangement is a good value and appeals to us. We were actually minorities here because we didn't have kids and didn't speak French or Spanish. Club Med hires G.O.s (Gentil Organisateur /host/hostess) along with locals from the island. We had no problem communicating with the G.O.s ---- the locals were another story. Many didn't speak English. When I requested a pineapple juice and coconut rum from a local bartender, I ended up with a glass of cola and a glass of pineapple juice. Another time, at the restaurant, I ordered two eggs over medium and received one runny egg. I regret not paying any attention to my intro Spanish class many years ago. I said to myself, "I will NEVER need to know this language." :(

Club Med CREACTIVE by Cirque du Soleil

We had an easy 3½ hour direct flight from Newark. The resort was only 4 miles from the airport. Very ideal!

Landing!

Our room:

We booked their cheapest room. Ours was the lower left corner in the pic above. We were very happy with the spacious room and porch.


You always receive a local souvenir when you stay at Club Med. Ours was the pink starfish. The note reminds us that we are silver members and are entitled to 15% off branded Club Med items in the boutique!


  We were not expecting a tv/lounge room! (or that mini-fridge!)


Separate room for toilet which is always nice. The morning I woke up at 5:45 for sunrise, a worm was crawling in there. I let it live because I didn't know how to handle that situation and didn't want to wake up Scott Babe.

We were also not expecting this walk-in closet!!! So nice.

Our porch that I styled with the free starfish.♥

The Resort:

Communication was a problem in the boutique, too. :(


 Reception

Bottle service was available at all the restaurants. This was extra popular with the outdoor seating where you could smoke, too.


 Relaxing at the main bar after we arrived.


Each day, I thought, "I will do the 5 pm Pilates," but I was too lazy!



The resort was gorgeous. They put a lot of money into it and still are. They were renovating at least 2 big buildings while we were there. It is low season for them, so now is a good time to do it. A heads up on some of my photos with no people in them -- it just means they were taken before 8 am!

The first Club Med vacation that the photographer didn't photograph us! I guess we weren't active enough! LOL.

Indigo Beach Lounge:


G.O. Tito bartending

This was my favorite bar.




The mojitos were delish.




The beach:


Shot very early in the morning!

I always bring my pink tube on a beach vacation and this one was no exception. Unfortunately, no pics of me floating in it but here's a video of it one morning!

I loved watching the kite-surfing.

Main pool:



Early morning pics of the pool.

Beetle Tour:



 
Although we didn't rent one of these beauties, it was still fun to see them.

Zen Oasis:

The adult section was a 10 minute walk from our room. I wonder if that's why I didn't gain weight. I truly ate like a pig when it came to desserts.


While we didn't stay at Zen Oasis, we still had access to the pool and bar.



Early morning pic before the hot tub was turned on.

The birds got to use the pool for free. ♥

I actually got yelled at for bring a drink with me to the pool lounge chair.  I thought that was strange.

No drinks on the ledge of hot tub, either. I felt like the lifeguards were more like drinking police.






Adults only section of the beach. Windy day when I tried it out! 
(Scott Babe was working out while I chilled.)

Cocktail of the day:


This was my laziest vacation ever! While many were in aqua gym or learning to salsa, I got my drink on!






Surprisingly, I don't drinks Cosmos but thought of my dear friends Melinda and Mike when I took this pic. ♥



New Friends:







Sailing:




Scott Babe is used to catamarans and not the sailboats. He did give it a try while I had a drink or two at Zen Oasis. ♥

Water Jetpacking - We had never seen this! My video doesn't do the sport justice. You can soar up 30 feet above the water.

Creative:





Show was just ok. We kept thinking of Turks where they have a similar setup and we were more entertained.

Trapeze video above.

Our favorite show of the week was Michael Jackson.

Eating:



The food isn't spectacular at Club Med, but I must share with you that this particular resort beat out all of the other resorts we've tried. We were very pleased with the food.



 45 Night :) Scott Babe wearing his Martinique shirt.


Salade de chevre

 Pork Caramel (I ate two of these.)

Tapas

You want ice? Good luck. ♥


 Views at breakfast.

Selfie

Scott Babe ♥
I can't begin to tell you how much of Club Med's signature White Chocolate Bread I devoured!

White Chocolate Bread Recipe by Club Med's corporate expert Katie Riguzzi 
(Posted on August 6, 2009 via Club Med Insider.com -- it has since been removed!)

8 cups flour
1 teaspoon yeast
1 tablespoon wheat gluten
2 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 cups water
2 3/4 cups white chocolate chips

1. Place flour, yeast and gluten in a small bowl. Mix on medium-low or first speed for 1 minute. Add water and mix for another 2 minutes. Add salt and continue to mix for another 8-10 minutes on medium or second speed.

2. Add chips and mix for 1-2 minutes or until the chips are well distributed throughout the dough.

3. Take dough out of bowl and lightly knead into a ball. Let rest for 15-20 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 450°F.

4. Divide dough into 5 equal portions and knead into the desired form. Let the loaves proof for about 30-45 minutes, depending on the heat and humidity of the area.

5. Place uncooked loaves on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for approximately 20 minutes.

6. Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes. ♥

I didn't hold back! LOVED the desserts. We were disappointed that there wasn't soft-serve ice cream like they have at Turks, but at least they had ice cream!

This evening's theme was white and jeans

And this was color and black.


All white night.

After dinner:

Line dancing to V.I.C.'s Wobble

Scott Babe singing to Prince!

Mini Club:

This section is for my niece, Tarissa, who has 6-month-old Caleb and went to Club Med Turks and Caicos on her honeymoon! She has the Club Med bug and would love this resort since it caters to families.♥


Mini Club Pool - Device on far right dumps water on you!!! :)

Mini Club Pool video

Basketball.

Game Color Party at the Beach


Picnic & pony rides!

Crawl-up bar (JK!)

6 AM Sunrise:



Sunrise video above

Spa:


I opened my locker and see that my robe came with a stain. I should have asked for another. :/ Club Med is no Ritz Carlton.  


We had a couple's massage under the first cabana!



I wanted to take advantage of the spa's pool while we were there but the water wasn't a comfortable temperature. Grr....

L'Aquagym:


Aqua Gym at the pool video



Cheers to not exercising!



Aqua Gym beach video

Aqua Gym at the pool.

Last minutes at the resort:

I couldn't leave the resort (10:45 am) and not have the Cocktail of the Day: Havana Club - rum, pineapple juice, mint leaf, lemon juice and grenadine. Although I complained a lot, it was a very nice getaway -- we just wouldn't go back to this one.

The End.

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Jealous! of course i like the kitties best! ha! =^^= You must have missed your two a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual great shots and videos of yet another great adventure of the Mullers!
    Bravo poulette!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this looks so relaxing. Every photo is so pretty. Looks like you guys had nice weather, too. My fav is how they display the day's cocktail in a little showcase :p
    Oh, and the upscale birdbath
    :)

    ReplyDelete